Royal Bloods Progression and Opinions on the New Songs

Hello, fellow Rockers and Metalheads! It's been one hell of a semester at school and I can finally catch up on some of this new Royal Blood. "Lights Out" and "Hook, Line, and Sinker" bring back that first album feel with a twist. I think both songs are reminiscent of "Ten Tonne Skeleton" with the harmonizing of the lyrics with Mike Kerr's guitar like bass playing. This man makes me want to pick up a bass and jam like I do on my guitar. After the first time I listen to each new Royal Blood song, my mind plays the trick that the bass is a guitar. Props to Mike and Ben for confusing me every time I hear their songs. I'd like to make a comparison to another famous band they are beginning to look like, The White Stripes. This duo from England reminds me of the other duo from Detroit due to not only being a duo but their sound, their grit, their compassion for music and bringing that compassion to the fans every new song. They provide something different in every song while keeping that sound that makes them distinct from other bands. This, right here, puts them over the top over most bands and that's why they are reaching the masses at a great speed.

Now to the review of their new songs (which I will place below). "Lights Out," their first single for their 2017 summer album "How Did We Get So Dark". I believe this is the strongest single of the two they have released. The bass lick after every chorus makes me play the air bass no matter where I am, in the car listening to Lou Brutus, or at work embarrassing myself in front of coworkers. This is the catchiest song, and I think this will be a bigger album overall than "Out of the Black". They provide albums where every song has been perfected, front to back, side to side, first listen, to most recent listen. "Hook, Line, Sinker," what is due to be the number 8 track on their new album seems to provide support for this. That groovy, hard hitting bass sound that then goes to harmonize with Mike provides a successful formula for the band. I've said a lot about Mike, but how about Ben? This guy is a monster on the drums. Keeping that beat going, providing fills, a successful drummer, which I think will be recognized for his talents after this album. He puts his self out there and is successful in doing so. If this album is another solid front to back album while keeping the same sound of the first album, I believe Royal Blood will be the White Stripes of the new decade and decades to come. A band everyone has heard of, an anthem everyone knows, and a connection that brings people together.

Hook, Line, & Sinker (Live at BBC).


Lights Out


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSznpyG9CHY

(Sorry I could not embed this video into the article, could not understand why this wasn't working!)


As always, if you enjoyed this review or just like me as a person, follow me on my social media sites!

Brendan C.


Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/HitTheDeckandRock/?ref=hl

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/cbrendan96







Comments