A Tribute to David Bowie

I recently started listening to David Bowie again, sadly after it was too late. His last release, "Lazarus," showed the pain he was in towards the end of his life. After having cancer, and 6 heart as reported, he was still writing arguably, his best music month's before he passed away.

It seems that Bowie knew he might pass away soon when writing this song. He says in "Lazarus," "Look up here, I'm in heaven, I've got scars, that can't be seen." He is battling cancer, and he is showing his pain in the way he knew how to, by writing music for his fans. I don't think "Lazarus" and "Blackstar" are for the money, but for the fans to show how he felt through the last months of his life. The turmoil Bowie induced from cancer, as he slowly fades away into the closet, just like his coffin.

Bowie will forever be remembered for bringing the "glam" back into "glam rock," but he will also be remembered for bringing happiness to many people around the world. Even if I discovered Bowie more recently after his death, I already see an impact he has made on my musical influence, and I thank him for that. "Plant Earth is blue, and there is nothing left to do". Thank you, David Bowie, may you rest in peace Starman.

Brendan C.

(Video of Chris Hadfield singing to "Space Oddity" in space)



Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/HitTheDeckandRock/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Twitter
https://twitter.com/cbrendan96

Comments